Sympathetic Weather

Excruciating minutiae.

30 May 2007

Sometimes, I miss CDs and tapes

Sure, sure, sure, the iPod is life-changing and digital music is akin to the second coming. But I never used to have such issues with my analog media:

notmyIM: Did you download that T Bone Burnett album for me?

nothusband'sIM: YES. it's on the other computer. i"ll email those files tonight

nothusband'sIM: i promise

notmyIM: Thank you. Also, did you get the new Wilco?

nothusband'sIM: no. i'll look for that tonight

notmyIM: And what is this business about DRM-free mp3s on iTunes? Can you ask hipeditorofamusicblog'sIM?

notmyIM: What does that mean?

notmyIM: Apparently you can "re-buy" mp3s you bought on iTunes for $.30 in the DRM-free format.

notmyIM: Do I need to do that?

nothusband'sIM: no

nothusband'sIM: it doesn't have the restrictions of just 5 computers, etc. also, it's at a higher bitrate -- better sound quality.

nothusband'sIM: but i'm not sure any of us can tell the difference. i guess you could. but it's one of those things that you may not even care, you know?

nothusband'sIM: i could rip two songs for you -- same thing at the old rate and the new rate. then you can see if you'd want to re-buy

notmyIM: My "problem" (among many) is that, currently, my iTunes only lets me have the purchased songs on ONE computer -- let alone a computer and an iPod, let alone 5 computers. Each time I sync my iPod it tells me I can't put my purchased songs on it.

notmyIM: So I cannot listen to "WIND IT UP," by Gwen Stefani, and I get cranky.

nothusband'sIM: well, that in itself isn't supposed to be that way -- it should be multiple computers. doesn't work when you log in with your user/pass?

notmyIM: It doesn't make me log in to sync my iPod. The problem happens when I sync -- it gives me an error message at the end of it listing the songs it was unable to "export" to the iPod.

nothusband'sIM: hm. next time you try that, can you write down/type down exactly what the error is? i'll track down a solution

nothusband'sIM: e-solution

notmyIM: You are the eSolution to all my eBusiness eProblems

nothusband'sIM: YES

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home