Sympathetic Weather

Excruciating minutiae.

30 May 2007

Asphalt workers ROCK!

My drive to work involves going into and out of a (large for Northeast Ohio) valley. This morning, as I came to a stop at the bottom of the hill where I turn left to start back up the other side, I saw large trucks and those big steamroll-y smoothing things. I saw a sweaty paving company employee who was preparing to direct me to stop, just as you would expect there would be someone to direct traffic around a work site.

But instead of holding his hand up, palm facing me, to communicate with me to stop my car, this dude -- who was renegade in that he was not wearing the standard-issue orange vest and didn't have one of those signs that says "STOP" on one side and "SLOW" on the other -- threw up metal. \m/

Yep. Two horns up = "ROCK ON, Ronnie James Dio; but also: please stop, vehicle, and make way for the pavers."

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home