Sympathetic Weather

Excruciating minutiae.

23 August 2007

There are no other restaurants that are good enough for the Australians

One of the worst parts about the Mill's closing is that I will never be able to take my Australians there.

For many years now I've hoped that some or all of my Australians might decide to travel over to this here hemisphere, and for many years now I was certain that the first place I'd take them would be the Mill. Where they would be greeted with the kind of warmth and hospitality they've shown me each time I've set foot on their fine, fine continent, then served a great meal by a magnificent staff. It would be like a fancy extension of my own living room, only with much better atmosphere, friendly faces to do our bidding and a fully-stocked bar.

But...it was not to be. Now where will I take them for dinner when they visit? The closing of the Mill has far-reaching and global consequences.


(It is completely irrelevant that the Australians are not currently planning a trip here, nor am I certain that they ever will be able to visit. Not the point.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home